Monday, September 29, 2008

Anthropologist at Ketchikan High School

I am not going to say that it was easy, in fact there were a couple of times where I actually had to swear under my breath.  These tech people are busy.  There is no doubt about that.  Once I was able to track them down and schedule a meeting (a week later), I learned a lot about the tech culture at Ketchikan High School(Kayhi).  
I learned throughout this project that Kayhi has a ways to go, but generally speaking, the tech culture is very good.  The support staff, especially Tammy Morris, are very capable individuals. They will do whatever the can to help the staff and students create an environment that is tech friendly.  Our tech rep for Kayhi, Gary Boatwright, is extremely helpful, and I have already used is expertise numerous times this year.  
Being able to know where I can get "gear" and help was probably the most important part of this project for me.  Learning those aspects of your school can save you so much time and energy, and it is already paying off for me.
Report Link:

No comments: