Sunday, March 22, 2009

Digital Storytelling

Although I don't feel like the most creative person, I felt like I was able to really create something that I was proud of.  Telling stories are such a great way to learn about something.  Especially in history, where everything is a story, you can really find ways to connect with students.
I had a few problems with this project.  First, I had a difficult time deciding if I should tell a fictional story, or go with more of a report type of project.  I decided to go with the fictional story.  Jason thought that I would be able to connect with the audience better, and after I compared the two scripts, I agreed with him.  The next problem that I had was that I noticed the pictures were very grainy after I started the project.  I had to use them though.  They are the real pictures of the events that unfolded, and I felt that they were necessary even though some of them were hard to see.  I didn't do a great job of telling the story.  It seemed like it was obvious that I was reading a script.  If anyone has some ideas for making the dialogue more interesting, I would like to hear them.  One last thing, I have no idea if the names of some of the places are pronounced correctly.  I tried to figure it out, and now that I am finished and thinking with a clear head, I guess I could have asked Laron.  Oops.  
Great project.  Here is my rubric, script, story map, and of course the story.

No comments: